Outdoor Education: Red Barn Climbing
The Red Barn is home to one of the top collegiate indoor rock climbing facilities in the country. RBC is a bouldering-only gym, where climbs are shorter and falls are protected with padding. Climbing routes are set and maintained to accommodate all abilities and skill levels, from beginner to expert.
The Red Barn is a 100-year-old "Wells" style dairy barn that lacks many modern amenities such as heat and plumbing. Please dress based on the outside temperature. A restroom is located in our annex, adjacent to the Red Barn.
Red Barn telephone: (585) 475-7050
Updated Red Barn Climbing Operations
We are pleased to announce that we have updated our operations! As of July 20, 2021, for all RIT students, staff and faculty:
- Online reservations are no longer required. All transactions are now in-person at the facility, and normal building occupancy guidelines have resumed.
- Open hours for the remainder of summer semester until August 15th:
- Tuesday, Thursday 6pm – 10pm
- Saturday, Sunday 12pm – 4pm
- Access options include a single day-pass, or a *10-punch pass. All punch passes are valid until June 30, 2022.
- Single Day Pass: $4
- 10-Punch Pass: $36
- Climbing Shoe Rental: $3 (Climbing shoes are required to participate.)
- Chalk Bag Rental: $1
*Punch passes are non-transferrable, unused punches are not refundable, and all punch passes expire on June 30, 2022.