Red Barn Climbing
Visit the Red Barn Climbing Gym for more information.
RIT personal trainers are the only trainers authorized to provide personal training services within our facilities. There are two programs that offer this type of service to the RIT community: Wellness Education and Better Me.
Wellness Education is an RIT student education program and provides a "Personal Training" course (1109-014) as part of the Fitness discipline. Students can register using SIS, and the course follows the academic schedule. This course can be used toward the Wellness graduation requirement. For more information on the Personal Training course, contact Seann McArdle.
Better Me is an RIT employee wellness program; however, they also work with retirees and alumni. Their personal training services are available at any time throughout the year. For more information, visit their website.
The Fitness Lab is another valuable resource that provides health and fitness services to the RIT and greater Rochester communities as well.
Nutrition Education (free)
Nutrition is a very important part of our well-being. Student Health offers free nutrition advice in order to promote and enhance the connection between proper nutrition and fitness. Fourth-year RIT Nutrition Management students will help you learn how to make healthier food choices, customize your diet, create healthy goals, or guide you to learn more about nutrition.
Schedule Your Appointment Below!
RIT Student scheduling can be found Here.
RIT Faculty/Staff/Alumni and Rec Member scheduling can be found Here.
Children's Swim Program
This one-on-one instruction program is designed for children and grandchildren of RIT faculty, staff, retirees, students and alumni with a current Recreation membership. The objectives of this program are to promote appreciation, skill and respect for swimming, while having fun and making new friends. The minimum age for participation is four years old.
Spring – 10 Week Session
- Registration opens: Tuesday 1/14
- Registration closes: Thursday 1/30
- Saturday classes: 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 2/29, 3/21, 3/28, 4/4, 4/11, 4/18
- No classes: 3/7 and 3/14
- Cost $130
Register online. If you need assistance, contact the SLC Main Office at 585-475-2620 or 585-475-7663.
Follow these steps for registration:
Step 1: Add Your Dependents to Your Member Account. This step can be completed prior to the registration date noted above.
- Login to our web portal
- If you are an alumnus and need login credentials, please contact the SLC Main Office for help.
- Click Sign In
- Enter RIT credentials
- Click on My Account
- Click on Add a Dependent
- Click Save when finished
Step 2: Register for Swim Lessons. This step cannot be completed before the registration date noted above.
Follow the instructions below or view this pdf.
- Login to our web portal.
- Click "Sign In".
- Enter RIT credentials.
- Click on your username (upper right corner).
- Click on "Courses".
- Select and view the current semester's offerings.
- Select the session time and preferred lifeguard.
- Select which dependent you would like to register and click “Add to Cart”.
- The Liability Waiver will appear.
- Click “Accept Now & Register” to accept the waiver and register your dependent.
- You can decline, but you will not be registered.
- Click “Add an Emergency Contact”. Fill out the appropriate fields and click “Save”.
- Click “Add to Cart”.
- If adding another dependent to a lesson, click “Continue Shopping” and repeat the necessary steps.
- If finished, click “Checkout”.
- Fill out all required information via RIT’s approved secure online payment site.
- Click “Continue”. Verify all information is correct and click “Confirm”.
- Once complete, you will receive a confirmation message and email.
Click here to view RIT campus maps with parking availability. Please be aware that special events on campus may impact parking.
Ice Arena Programs
Please visit University Arenas for information regarding program details and how to register.
The Frank Ritter Ice Arena has public skate hours available for the RIT community as well as the public.
RIT students - $2
Faculty, staff, alumni, RIT recreation members with a valid RIT ID - $5
Children 6 years and under - $3
Seniors - $3
Public - $5
Skate Rental - $3
Skate Sharpening - $3
Contact person: Margo Clements, Ice Rink Activities Assistant