RIT features some of the finest recreational facilities at the college level today including the Gordon Field House and Activities Center, the Hale- Andrews Student Life Center, the Judson/Hale Aquatics Center, the Wiedman Fitness Center and the Red Barn Climbing gym. Our dedicated and knowledgeable staff provides friendly customer service through innovative programming, quality equipment and services. Our Intramural program has a diverse and extensive selection of over 17 sports with over 220 teams participating every quarter. The Center plays a major role in the Student Affairs Wellness Initiative, which promotes the development of an active, healthy, balanced and productive student lifestyle. We encourage everyone to take advantage of the unlimited recreational opportunities offered by our Center and establish a habit of lifetime fitness.
The Center for Recreational Sports will create the nation’s most engaged campus community through meaningful established and innovative recreational activities.
The mission of the Center for Recreational Sports is to promote and develop healthy lifestyles, social interaction, leadership skills and sportsmanship by providing innovative recreational programs, services, facilities and employment opportunities that are outcomes based, comprehensive, inclusive and of the highest quality.
- Promote a culture of healthy lifestyles for the campus community through the delivery of quality recreational equipment, facilities, programs and services.
- Provide a highly qualified and trained staff to effectively manage recreational facilities to ensure a safe and productive environment for all participants through attention to details and effective utilization of resources.
- Provide punctual, innovative and quality customer service to internal and external clientele to earn their confidence and loyalty.
- Foster relationships and serve as ambassadors of the Division of Student Affairs by partnering with students and other campus departments and organizations to develop, administer and support campus wide wellness initiatives and programs.
- Provide participants and student employees’ opportunities for holistic learning, self-discovery, social interaction and leadership skill development through our programs and services.
- Utilize social media and paperless initiatives to distribute information, promote the recreation, interactive adventures and intramural programs and respond to the ever changing interests and needs of our customers.
- Provide welcoming and accessible environments and programs for a diverse campus community.
- Recruit and encourage students who do not currently participate in recreation activities to become active through innovative marketing strategies.