SMASH Experience for Girls
passion for math
A MATH EXPERIENCE FOR GIRLS ENTERING EIGHTH GRADE
July 14-18, 2014
On the campus of the
ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Learn how you can use math for everything from modeling traffic to calculating protein concentrations.
For five days, join us at RIT to have fun with science and discover the usefulness of mathematics.
Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Presentation for Parents: Friday at 2 p.m.
Daily drop off and pick up:
8–9 a.m. and 4:30–5:30 p.m.
Fee: $250 (includes lunch, snacks, activities, and t-shirts)
Preregister is closed.
Attendance is limited to forty campers. Need-based scholarships will be provided by the RIT College of Science.
- Do hands on activities to help you learn how your developing math skills can lead to real world opportunities.
- Use math to model everything from traffic to protein concentrations.
- Connect what you learn in your math classes at school to science activities at camp.
- Make new friends and have fun.
- Build confidence in your abilities.