ITS operates over 3,500 access points on the academic and residential sides of campus. We provide WiFi 802.11 AGN operating on 2.4GHz and 5GHz spectrums. Users have three available wireless networks that devices can connect to:
- rit (No encryption) - For devices without Enterprise Encryption
- ritwpa - For devices that support WPA encryption but not WPA2
- ritwpa2 - Preferred for all devices.
Most users connecting from a Windows, Mac OS, and Linux should connect to the wireless network ritwpa2. Game consoles and media streaming devices usually do not support WPA or WPA2 enterprise encryption. These devices will have to be manually registered on start.rit.edu and use wireless network rit.
Students are not allowed to host their own wireless networks. For more info, click here.
Connecting a machine running Windows
Connecting a Macintosh computer
Connecting a machine running Linux
ITS Resnet provides limited wireless support for system running Linux. Below are the proper settings to connect to RITWPA2 network. Because each version of Linux is different, please follow your distributions directions for connecting to WPA2 Enterprise Networks.
- SSID: RITWPA2
- Security Type: WPA2-Enterprise (or 802.1X)
- Authentication Method: Protected EAP (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
- Certificate Server: radius.rit.edu