Future Faculty Career Exploration Program
- Establish meaningful relationships with prospective faculty members
- Lay the foundation for future networking opportunities with scholars from other universities
- Strategically prepare for pending faculty needs to cover future curriculum development and course offerings
- Proactively seize upon employment opportunities where exceptional prospects are found
- Serve as a bridge assisting participants transitioning from graduate student to faculty member
- Prepare future faculty for a career in the academy
- Exploratory, candid discussions with faculty in host college
- Networking receptions with RIT’s President, Provost, deans, and department chairs
- Presentations of your research to faculty and students
- Campus and community tours
- Panel discussions with RIT’s African American, Latina/o American, and Native American faculty and students
To be considered for the Class of 2019, please fill out and submit an online application using the link below. You will be required to submit the following documents:
- CV (résumé)
- Cover letter that includes your statement of diversity
- Teaching statement
- Research statement
Submissions that do not include all four documents: CV, cover letter that includes your statement of diversity, teaching statement, and research statement, will NOT be considered. Complete applications received after the deadline will be considered for the following year.
Individuals who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Able to contribute in meaningful ways to the university's continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences. We are primarily interested in applicants of African American, Latin American, American Indian, or Alaskan Native descent, and others who are underrepresented and under-served in teaching professions at RIT.
- Within a year or two of receiving, or already received, a Ph.D. or MFA degree, Post-Doctoral assignment or a junior level faculty.
- Desire a rewarding academic teaching and research career at an exceptional institution.
- Receiving degrees in disciplines offered at RIT.
- Demonstrate a potential to fill current or anticipated vacancies.
- Able to travel to Rochester, New York, for the duration of the entire program.
If you have a question on the program or submission process please contact Lorraine Stinebiser at 585-475-5775 or email email@example.com.
“I enjoyed learning about this exciting institution and meeting so many scholars. This experience has definitely helped to prepare me for interviews and campus visits.”— Rosemary A., Exploration Program Class of 2015
“RIT recognizes the importance of diversity, and I realized how much it is valued by all the people that I met.”— Cesar N., Exploration Program Class of 2014
“Right from the start, the motivation to create FFCEP was centered on addressing a fundamental question. Which was, how do we find good people of color?”— Harvey Palmer, Former RIT Dean of Kate Gleason College of Engineering
“Interacting with current minority faculty and students gave me great insight into the culture at RIT.”— Anderson P., Exploration Program Class of 2012