RIT is committed to the implementation of a comprehensive assessment plan that uses:
- Multiple forms of data, including direct and indirect measures
- A combination of internal evaluators, including faculty, employers, and students
- Faculty involvement in every step of the assessment process
A comprehensive General Education Assessment Plan and a corresponding Schedule for assessment of all student learning outcomes was developed to facilitate assessment that is sustainable, meaningful, and manageable.
- The General Education Assessment Plan provides a background for the principles that are used to guide the assessment process at RIT.
- The General Education Assessment Schedule outlines which outcomes will be assessed each semester and year. Each student learning outcome is assessed once every three years.
For questions about General Education assessment at RIT, contact