The Office of the Registrar is responsible for completing enrollment verifications each quarter. These can take a variety of forms, but generally are needed by students to support such things as financial aid scholarships and loans, student discounts, dental and health insurance, apartment rentals, and auto loans. The Office of the Registrar provides enrollment information to the National Student Clearinghouse who in turn provides most insurance companies and lenders enrollment information of RIT students.
If you have received special paperwork where the self-service enrollment verification is not adequate, please bring the required paperwork to the Registrar's Office for processing.
Verifications of enrollment for matriculated and non-matriculated undergraduate and graduate students is based upon the following each quarter:
- Full-time - 12 or more credit hours
- Half-time - 6-11 credit hours
- Part-time - Less than 6 credit hours*
* not available through the National Student Clearinghouse
Courses taken for an audit grade are not included when determining enrollment status.
RIT uses the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide enrollment information to various insurance companies, lenders, and other third party agencies. To utilize this service, RIT must have a social security number on file. If RIT does not, please contact the Registrar's Office to receive your enrollment verification. In most cases these agencies automatically receive enrollment information directly from the NSC based on data RIT provides. However, in some cases, you may need to provide proof of enrollment beyond what the NSC provides. In the past, students would need to come to the Registrar’s Office to obtain an enrollment verification, but now students have a new self-service option available. Please follow the 4 steps below to obtain your Enrollment Verification.
- Login to the right, using your RIT Computer Account
- Select either:
- "Current Enrollment" for the current or upcoming quarter
- "All Enrollment" for a list of all terms enrolled
- Select "Obtain an Enrollment Certificate"
- Print as many verifications as you wish and sent them to any agency seeking proof of enrollment.
Key points to remember:
- Enrollment verifications are available daily from 7:30 am until 11:30 pm.
- You may obtain an enrollment verification for an upcoming quarter based on the dates below.
- You may obtain an enrollment verification for a current quarter or past quarter at any time.
|If you need an enrollment verification for this quarter||You may request it beginning on this date|
|Fall Quarter||August 14, 2013|
|Spring Quarter||January 10, 2014|
|Summer Quarter||June 9, 2014|
|All Terms Enrolled||Always available|
If you need assistance obtaining an enrollment verification, please contact us or stop by the Registrar's Office.