The Schedule of Classes is updated real-time on the InfoCenter and allows the user to look at classes being offered over several semesters.

Enrollment for Continuing Students

Registration and access to your student records are available to you through the Student Information System (SIS). RIT students wishing to access SIS must have a computer account that can be obtained at the RIT Help Desk in the Frank E. Gannett Building, Room 1113. There is no charge for this service. After you have established your account, log into InfoCenter/SIS. Follow screen prompts. Using your RIT computer account and a home, work or on-campus computer you can register for or add/drop courses.

You can also:

  • Audit a wellness course
  • Change your local, home, and emergency contact addresses
  • Sign up for your General Education Immersion
  • Apply for Graduation

And you can view your:

  • Grades
  • Class schedule
  • GPA
  • Open and closed courses
  • Degree information

Non-Degree and Visiting Students

Submit Non-Degree Enrollment form to the Office of the Registrar.

Class Requests:

  • Some classes may require instructor and/or departmental approval prior to registration.
  • Non-degree students are not eligible to be added to a course waitlist. 
  • University policy and procedures regarding registration, drop/withdrawal, and refunds apply to non-degree enrollment.

What defines a non-degree or visiting student?

A non-degree or visiting student is someone who is taking one or more classes at RIT, but not currently matriculated/enrolled into a RIT degree program.  Examples include but are not limited to:

  • A high school student taking a summer RIT class with aspirations to have the credits count towards a RIT degree or another university degree program at a later time.
  • A Rochester community member taking a class of interest in line with professional development.
  • An individual looking to satisfy a pre-requisite course for undergraduate or graduate admission consideration at RIT or another university.
  • A university student looking to take a summer course to transfer to their school to count towards a graduation requirement. 

Do you know which course you would like to take?

*Note: Full-time students attending a Rochester Area College (RAC) should contact their own college's Registrar Office to complete the RAC inter-institutional registration form

Do you need advising from an admissions counselor in regards to which course will help you with a future RIT application for admission?  

Immunization Law and Regulation

If you are not fully immunized against measles, mumps and rubella, you will not be allowed to register or you may be dropped from courses for which you are already registered and asked to go home.

NY State Public Health Law 2165 requires students attending colleges and universities to demonstrate proof of immunity against measles, rubella and mumps.

All matriculated students enrolled for four hours or more and born after January 1, 1957, must provide the RIT Health Center with proof of immunity. Requirements include: two measles vaccination, at least 1 month apart, with live virus after Jan. 1, 1968 and after first birthday. Mumps and rubella (one vaccination each) after Jan. 1, 1968 and after first birthday. Records must be verified in writing by appropriate health or school officials.

Contact the RIT Student Health Center (585-475-2255, Voice/TTY) for assistance in determining your immunization status.