RIT and the Office of the Registrar provides each student, faculty, staff and alumni with a University ID card. The ID cards are used by Dining Services, University Housing, Student Life Center, and the Wallace Library.
We are excited to offer new students, faculty, staff and alumni the ability to upload their own photo for identification. Individuals who already have a photo on file who require an updated photo may come to the Office of the Registrar to have a new photo taken.
Through the RIT Online Photo Submission, you are able to upload a photo that will display in the following locations:
- Student Information System (SIS)
- RIT ID Card
- Starfish Early Alert
ID Cards can be picked up at the Office of the Registrar, or at New Student Orientation. When picking up your Student ID Card, please be sure to bring photo ID.
Eligibility for Photo Submission:
- Incoming freshmen, transfer, and graduate students
- New faculty and staff
- Current students, alumni, faculty or staff who have not uploaded a photo in the last 30 days.
- Must have an active RIT account. If you do not have one and you aare in the above populations, please work with ITS at help.rit.edu.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, please visit Ask the Registrar.
Photo Submission Guidelines:
- Take a new photo or use a photo taken in the last 3 months.
Stand in front of a smooth, light background, such as a white wall.
- Face forward and look at the camera.
- The photo should be a centered and front-facing headshot - does not need to go below the shoulders.
Common Reasons Photos are Rejected
|Wearing sun glasses as well as too close||Looking away from the camera||Wearing a hat as well as a shadow across the face||Environment is too dark|
Submit Your Photo:
All photos that are submitted through the RIT Online Photo Submission are subject to review by the Office of the Registrar. You will receive an email to your RIT email address regarding your submission status.