Delivering meaningful, practical insights to New York State manufacturers
NYSP2I engineers provide our clients in the manufacturing sector with practical, cost-effective solutions that they can implement to maintain or improve the quality of their process and output, realize a competitive edge, or avoid costly downtime.
“NYSP2I provided Staach with a comprehensive set of services to prepare for a significant expansion […]. Their team provided exceptional services, and wealth of resources with key insights to elevate our brand position—which relies on high performance in environmental practice—and internal efficiency.”
Staach prides itself in being proactive about ever seeking ways to improve how it works and its impact on the environment. One such improvement followed from its customers, who expressed a desire that they engage LEED and Living Building Challenge standards in their manufacturing processes. Staach was readying for an expansion, and decided to take advantage of the opportunity to better meet the needs of the market and to operate more sustainably. The handcrafted furniture company came to NYSP2I to assess their current supply chain process in order to identify clear, actionable ways to progress towards their sustainability goals.
The NYSP2I team designed a supply chain sustainability assessment to
- minimize the environmental impact of Staach’s supply chain;
- provide recommendations for enhanced sustainability practices, and;
- create a plan for improved product and process flow, leveraging lean manufacturing practices to reduce material use and waste generation.
The NYSP2I sustainable supply chain team, using our proprietary supply chain assessment tool, provided Staach with insights and recommendations to allow them to continually improve their positioning as a sustainable supplier and to minimize their environmental impacts while expanding into a new facility. Highlights of our recommendations included:
- a report identifying critical gaps in its sustainable supply chain
- a code of conduct and scorecard to ensure material traceability and conformance to green building standards among suppliers
- a benchmark summary of competing furniture manufacturers’ sustainability commitments and practices
- a series of “ecomaps” for evaluating the environmental health and safety of Staach’s current and future operations