What do we do
NYSP2I collaborates with businesses, municipalities, and community organizations in New York State to identify practical, cost-effective solutions for diverting, preventing, and managing food waste.
We aim to give our partners across the Empire State the tools and resources they need to solve problems associated with food waste and to build a more sustainable food system.
We provide our clients with expertise in the following focus areas:
- pathway utilization to improve cost efficiencies
- technology assessment and validation
- process-effectiveness and -efficiency studies
- sustainability strategy development and implementation
- environmental impact evaluation
How much it costs
NYSP2I’s food-waste reduction management consultations are available at minimal cost, thanks to funding provided by the Environmental Protection Fund as administered by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
In addition to subsidizing the cost of our services, we offer many opportunities for securing focused funding for a food-waste management project. Learn more below.