NYSP2I has the partners, core staff, approach, experience, and leadership best suited to deliver impactful results for our client across New York State. Explore our current collaborations with businesses, communities, and nonprofits below to learn more about our work.
Food Waste Reduction and Diversion Reimbursement Program
The Food Waste Reduction and Diversion Reimbursement Program is an innovative partnership between New York State and Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) focused on incentivizing the reduction of food waste in the state. The program provides reimbursement to New York State businesses, municipalities, or not-for-profits that generate large amounts of food waste to offset the cost of select technologies and equipment that promise to reduce or divert that food waste from landfill or incineration.
Eligible projects must meet the following criteria:
- Will divert food waste from landfill or incineration through the use of equipment or technologies
- Are led by New York State businesses, municipalities, or not-for-profits producing greater than one ton of food waste per week
- Implemented after June 1, 2017
Reimbursement will cover:
- The purchase and installation of eligible equipment and technologies
- Up to 44% of eligible project costs, for a maximum award of $100,000, upon proof of waste reduction goal achievement