We’re certified life-cycle assessment (LCA) professionals.
The New York State Pollution Prevention Institute (NYSP2I) performs LCAs to help manufacturers, businesses, nonprofits, and municipalities make informed, smart choices to identify environmental hotspots, support green marketing claims, and meet customer sustainability demands.
Why it matters?
A life-cycle assessment (LCA) can provide valuable information when evaluating the environmental impacts of a manufacturing process, an industrial activity, a supply chain, or an individual product.
It’s a tool that evaluates the entire life cycle of a product or process from raw material extraction to end-of-life management.
Who is eligible?
We provide businesses large and small, municipalities, and nonprofits across the United States with LCA services.
What do we do?
NYSP2I’s certified life-cycle assessment (LCA) professionals perform LCAs to provide our clients with clear, actionable insights that can inform successful sustainability programs.
An LCA typically evaluates a product or a process from “cradle to grave.” Key areas that our team assesses include the following:
- raw material extraction
- use of chemicals and materials
- waste generated during manufacturing
- energy and water use
- packaging and distribution
- end-of-life disposal
How much does it cost?
Funding for New York State based organizations can cover 50–90% of the total costs.
What services do we offer?
A project can involve one or more of the following services:
- Environmental assessments to quantify greenhouse gas and carbon emissions, water use, and other environmental impacts.
- Hot spot analysis to identify how environmental improvement efforts can best be applied for maximum value.
- An LCA offers objective data to support effective marketing claims, including comparative assertions, and to ensure compliance with ISO 14040 and 14044 standards.
Why work with us?
Our certified LCA professionals work with clients to understand their goals from the ground up to find the best approach possible. Our staff have long career experience working with manufacturers to assess, measure, evaluate, and recommend methods for reducing environmental impacts.
Benefits of an LCA include the following:
- Green product marketing: Understand how your product compares to a competitor or previous design.
- Decision-making guidance: Identify relevant environmental indicators and process and material contribution to impact to guide decision making.
- Meet customer sustainability demands: Communicate LCA results to provide valuable information to your customers.