This workshop is new this year and has been designed especially for RIT advisors. Both FERPA and RIT's Records Management policy are reviewed and the following topics are covered:
- An explanation of FERPA, (Family Education Rights Privacy Act)
- Situations which allow for the disclosure of educational records without consent
- Practical applications of FERPA
- Recnet amendments to FERPA
- A review of RIT's Records Management Policy, C22.0
- Your responsibilities in reation to records management
Advisors who have completed FERPA for Advisors are welcome to, but not required to complete this class for the certificate.
This session is facilitated by the Office of Legal Affairs.