As the global economy becomes increasingly integrated and interdependent, there is great economic advantage in sharing ideas, insight, and innovation. By locating near Rochester Institute of Technology, you will find a limitless stretch of business connections in a dynamic network of powerful technology-focused industry clusters. It is environment where enterprises have access to extended resources, enabling them to accelerate decision making and implementations while anticipating the shifting marketplace.
13th "Most Innovative City in the U.S."
• Business Insider reports Rochester, NY is the 13th "Most Innovative City in the U.S." (February 2013)
Brookings Institution Ranks Rochester among best metro economies in world
• Brookings Institution ranks Rochester the 46th best metro economy in the world and 3rd best in the U.S., trailing only Houston and Dallas and outperforming areas such as New York City, Boston and Washington. This ranking is based on 2010-2011 growth rates for employment, income and output of goods and services. (Jan 2012)
Rochester Companies Recognized on "Great Places to Work" list
• Fortune magazine and the Great Places to Work consulting firm recognized Dixon Schwabl, ESL Federal Credit Union, and Sage Rutty among the "Great Places to Work" in the nation. Rochester had more firms included in this ranking than any other city in the U.S.
One of "America's 50 Best Cities"
• Bloomberg BusinessWeek ranked Rochester, NY among "America's 50 Best Cities" (September 2012)
Rochester Ranked Among Smartest Cities in America
• The Daily Beast ranked Rochester one of the top 10 smartest cities in America. This ranking is based on the education attainment levels of our workforce as well as our intellectual environment. It underscores the fact that a highly-skilled and educated workforce is a key to long term economic success. (October 2010)
Businessweek Names Rochester One of the Top 20 Best Places to Start Over
• The diversity of our economy as well as the strength of our colleges and universities are some of the reasons Businessweek selected Rochester as one of the Top 20 Best Places to Start Over in 2010. (Nov 2010)
Top 5 for patents per capita
• Based on Forbes' analysis of the most innovative cities in the US, Rochester is ranked 5th for patents per capita.(2010)
Business Facilities Gives Rochester, NY High Ranking
• Business Facilities chose Rochester as one of the top places in the country to do business because of our alternative energy leadership and top-ranked Intellectual Density Quotient (IDQ). IDQ measures a region's potential for productivity and sustainable economic prosperity. (June 2010)
Rochester Named One of the Strongest Job Markets in US
• Bloomberg Businessweek recognized Rochester as the 15th strongest job market in the country. (June 2010)
Abundance of Fresh Water
• 7% of the world's fresh water supply is right here in the Greater Rochester, NY Region. This plentiful and inexpensive supply of water makes the Rochester Region an attractive business location.
Learn more about doing business in Monroe County: http://www.monroecounty.gov/business-index.php