Many benefits are available to advance the education and skills of Veterans and Service members. Spouses and family members may also be eligible for education and training assistance. Some might find they're eligible for more than one benefit or that one program is more suited to certain education and training goals than another.
Learn about these and other education and training programs administered by the VA by visiting the following website: https://www.rit.edu/emcs/ptgrad/veterans.php
US Department of VA Benefits
(Chapters 33 Post 9/11, 33 Post 9/11 Yellow Ribbon, 30, 35, 1606, 1607, 31)
Students must submit the appropriate paperwork to initiate, or continue VA funding. Documents may be faxed (585-475-7164), emailed to email@example.com or dropped off to the Veterans Services Office on the RIT campus. Contact Trevor Barrett at (585) 475-5532 should you have any questions regarding this paperwork.
Credits are calculated for Chapter 33 benefits and are posted to the student account upon certification of registration to the Veteran’s Administration.
Military Tuition Assistance
Military Tuition Assistance is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Each Service has its own criteria for eligibility, application process, and restrictions. For more information on Military Tuition Assistance, visit the local installation education center.
If you are interested in learning more about ROTC programs, please review the below links for general information and contact information.
US Air Force ROTC Detachment 538
US Army ROTC Tiger Battalion
US Navy ROTC – affiliated with the University of Rochester
- Who is my first point of contact?
- Students must submit the appropriate paperwork to initiate, or continue VA to Trevor Barrett (585-475-5532). Documents may be faxed (585-475-7164), scanned (firstname.lastname@example.org) or dropped off to the Veterans Services Office on the RIT campus.
- Who do I contact for a refund?
- Refunds are administered through your eServices by clicking the Refunds/Transfer link.
- How do I know how much I receive in Vet Benefits?
- This information can be found by viewing the 'Third Party Tuition' on the Term Activity Document in eServices.
- How do I enroll in a payment plan?
- Payment plans are administered through eServices by clicking on Payment Plans.