Welcome to Osher at RIT—A Learning Community for Adults Age 50+ in Rochester, NY
In a relaxed and informal atmosphere, we share knowledge, spark ideas, inspire new thinking, and forge friendships. No studying required!
Osher is where you can:
Share your gifts of experience
Courses are led by members simply for the love of learning, making Osher a comfortable environment to lead discussions on a wide variety of topics.
Engage your mind and energize your spirit
Osher has 50+ offerings per term in subjects that reflect a variety of interests – from the arts to technology, language to history, science to literature – all without the pressure of exams or homework.
Enrich your life every day
- Attend picnics, parties, or lunchtime concerts.
- Browse our library, full of favorite books and DVDs. Check them out for as long as you like; there are no due dates! Our library is made possible by a generous gift from former member Ruth Estes.
- Enjoy our art gallery, located in the lobby and lounge areas, where members’ beautiful artwork and photos are displayed.
Feel welcome whatever your background
You don’t need a degree – just an interest in life and an eagerness to connect with others.
Discover What's Included in Your Individual Membership
For Community Group membership details, please see the Membership Levels & Fees page.
A Single-Term or Full-Year (4 terms) individual membership at Osher includes the following.
- Unlimited Number of Osher Courses
- Access to our library of course recordings
- Arts & Lectures
- Intersession Events
- Pfaudler Lecture Series
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Social Activities
- Summer Seminar Events
Additional RIT University Benefits
A Full-Year (4 terms) membership at Osher includes RIT-student perks and privileges:
RIT Student Identification Card
- Discounts wherever student discounts are offered worldwide
- Free Henrietta BJ's Wholesale Club membership
- Student admission rates for campus events
- Borrowing privileges at the RIT library
- Access to campus fitness facilities at a reduced rate
Take College of Liberal Arts Courses on the RIT Campus...for FREE!
- Full-Year members can sit in on (audit) RIT College of Liberal Arts courses for free (but you do not earn college credits). The cost of auditing just one 3-credit course at RIT is more than $750 so this is an amazing Osher member benefit!
- Topics include literature, fine arts, history, philosophy, foreign languages, anthropology, psychology, women & gender studies, writing, and more. You can ask questions, participate in class discussion, complete writing assignments, and even take exams, if you want to.
- View our Member Benefits Guide for instructions on how to check the RIT online course catalog for available Liberal Arts courses and to fill out the Osher member audit form. (Do not register yourself through the RIT website or you will get charged tuition.)
- State-of-the-art hearing evaluation and hearing aid purchase are available through RIT’s National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID).
- For more information, go to the Audiology website.