Welcome to Osher—It’s Where You Belong!
In a relaxed and informal atmosphere, we share knowledge, spark ideas, inspire new thinking, and forge friendships. No tests or pressure...just the joy of learning.
Osher is where you can:
Share your gifts of experience
Courses are led by members simply for the love of learning, making Osher a comfortable environment to lead discussions on a wide variety of topics.
Indulge your imagination
Osher has 50+ offerings per term in subjects that reflect a variety of interests – from the arts to technology, language to history, mathematics to literature – all without the pressure of exams or homework.
Enrich your life every day
- Attend picnics, parties, or lunchtime concerts.
- Browse our library, full of favorite books and DVDs. Check them out for as long as you like; there are no due dates! Our library is made possible by a generous gift from former member Ruth Estes.
- Enjoy our art gallery, located in the lobby and lounge areas, where members’ beautiful artwork and photos are displayed.
Feel welcome whatever your background
You don’t need a degree – just an interest in life and an eagerness to connect with others.
Discover what is included in your annual membership
- Unlimited Number of Courses
- Arts & Lectures
- Intersession Events
- Pfaudler Lecture Series
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Social Activities
- Summer Seminar Events
Additional benefits through our affiliation with RIT!
A Full membership at Osher entitles you to RIT-student perks and privileges:
RIT Student Identification Card
- Discounts wherever student discounts are offered worldwide
- Free Henrietta BJs membership
- Student admission rates for campus events
- Borrowing privileges at the RIT library
- Access to campus fitness facilities at a reduced rate
Take RIT courses on campus at the College of Liberal Arts.
- You can ask questions, participate in class discussion, complete writing assignments, and even take exams, if you want to.
- Topics include literature, fine arts, history, philosophy, foreign languages, anthropology, psychology, women & gender studies, writing, and more
- For more information, go to the Resources page to view the Liberal Arts Course Auditing Guide.
- State-of-the-art hearing evaluation and hearing aid purchase are available through RIT’s National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID).
- For more information, go to the Resources page to view the Audiology Benefits.