Innovation to Commercialization
The Digital Manufacturing and Product Realization Lab (DM&PR) is a collaborative research and development facility that provides:
- Access to over 5,000 square feet of design and fabrication resources
- Full-time product development experts with over 250 years of combined industry experience
RIT's DM&PR Lab assists manufacturers and other industrial entrepreneurs, large and small. The Lab is equipped with the latest technology for design and simulation of innovative products, prototype fabrication and inspection, as well as testing and validation.
- Mechanical and electrical design and analysis
- Design for manufacturing
- Material selection/substitution
- Additive manufacturing including 3D printing in plastic and metal
- Mechanical part fabrication and manufacturing process development
- Electrical and mechanical integration
Inspection and Validation
- 3D imaging and dimensional verification
- Material properties
- Performance evaluation
- Field demonstration
The DM&PR Lab resources can produce a functional prototype in days, often at a lower cost than traditional methods. In support of commercialization, our engineers can help with:
- Design robustness and design for manufacturing
- Performance testing and validation support
- Connections to local industry supply chain partners
Does your business or project need:
- Access to new technology including specialty design and simulation tools, or equipment?
- End-to-end development support, or targeted assistance solving a challenging problem?
- Help thinking out of the box?
- Connections to other product development support resources?