RIT E-mail on iOS Devices
Setting Up RIT E-mail on an iOS Devices
- Open the "Settings" interface, then scroll down to "Passwords & Accounts"
- Select "Add Account", then tap "Microsoft Exchange."
- Enter your E-mail, Password, and change the description to "RIT Exchange." Tap "Next."
- When the Server field appears, enter "mymail.rit.edu" and tap "Save."
- Select the features you wish to sync with Exchange and then tap "Save."
- You should now see "RIT Exchange" in your list of Mail, Contacts and Calendars.
If you have any questions, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 585-475-4357 (voice), or email@example.com.
How Changing your RIT Computer Account Password Effects RIT E-mail on your iOS Device
If you receive e-mail on your mobile devices, you will also need to change the password in those e-mail apps. If you have a smartphone, tablet, or laptop that connects wirelessly to our network, you will need to change the password on these devices in order for them to continue to work. To change these passwords, head to the RIT Wireless Instructions site and select your device.
NOTE: If devices continue to attempt to log in with your old password, the repeated unsuccessful login attempts can cause your account to become locked out of some services. As such, we recommend that you only change your password when you have physical access to your mobile devices. Changing stored passwords on these devices as soon as possible after changing your RIT Computer Account password will help to minimize the risk of disruption.