Faculty Mentoring Grants
Faculty Career Development in the Office of Faculty Affairs is currently accepting proposals for Faculty Mentoring Grants. Projects will be supported for the 2022-2023 academic year. Requests of up to $2,000 will be considered. Proposals will be accepted until Monday, November 7, 2022, 11:59 pm. decisions will be announced approximately December 1.
The mentoring projects or activities for which you are requesting grant funds must be related to faculty teaching excellence, dissemination of your scholarly works, or grant proposal development in support of faculty. You may submit proposals that will assist with the formation of a new mentoring framework or expand on an existing mentoring program or group for faculty. “Mentoring groups” are defined as groups (two or more members) that meet on a regular basis for mutual support and development. The goal is for the faculty group to participate in activities or projects that will help the mentoring group be successful. Both Interdisciplinary and department-specific mentoring projects are welcome to apply. These faculty mentoring grants are not intended to support faculty-student mentoring activities. As these grants are intended to be collaborative in nature, activities related to general professional development and/or individual faculty activities or projects will not be considered.
- Full-time tenured, tenure-track, and non-tenure track (lecturers, including senior and principal) faculty may apply for a grant on behalf of the mentoring group.
- Faculty with "visiting" rank are not eligible to apply for a grant.
- If you are submitting a proposal for an interdisciplinary project or activity, one person should be selected as the group's leader.
- Submissions are limited to one grant application (for one project or activity) per faculty/group each academic year.
- Faculty who have not completed projects/used grant funds previously awarded or have not submitted an Outcome Report for a prior grant will not be eligible for a new grant-funded activity.
- Priority will be given to faculty mentoring groups who have not previously received a Faculty Mentoring grant.
- Hospitality requests should not exceed 10% of total budget.
- Funding for software/hardware acquisition or other equipment, professional membership fees or licensure, tuition, add-pay, faculty stipends, course release, or additional faculty salaries will not be considered.
Application Timeline and Process
- Call for Grant Proposals: Week of September 26, 2022
- Grant Proposals Due: Monday, November 7, 2022, 11:59 pm. Late applications will not be considered.
- Funding Decisions Announced: Approximately December 1
- Final “Outcome Report” Due: 30 days after completion of grant-funded project.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND MATERIALS
Review the sample application (PDF) prior to preparing your grant application. We strongly recommend that you complete your application in a Word document, then copy to the Qualtrics application form.
- Sample Application (PDF document)
- Qualtrics Application Form (opens in Qualtrics)
Grant Selection and Reporting Requirements
Proposals will be reviewed by a faculty selection committee, and recipients will be notified approximately December 1. If you are awarded a grant, you will receive instructions for accessing funds and reporting on the use of your grant in your award letter. Grant recipients are asked to help disseminate their results by completing an "Outcome Report" online.
Previously Funded Faculty Mentoring Grants (leads in boldface font)
- Lisa Greenwood, Jennifer O’Neil, Bilge Altay, Yewande Abraham, Amanda Bao, Jeanne Christman, Betsy Dell, Rebecca Sumner, CET
- Katrina Overby, Makini Beck, and Nickesia Gordon, CLA
- Danielle Pafunda, Trent Hergenrader, Robert Glick, Karen VanMeenen, CLA
- Yewande Abraham, Lisa Greenwood, Nana-Yaw Andoh, GIS, Minh Pham, COS and Jennifer Schneider, CET
- Nathaniel Barlow, Olalekan Babaniyi, Lucia Carachino, Matthew Hoffman, Carl Lutzer, Nishant Malik, Laura Munoz, Mary Lynn Reed, Brendan Rooney and Tony Wong, COS
- Yu Kong, Rui Li, Linwei Wang and Pengcheng Shi, GCCIS
- Mohamed Wiem Mkaouer, GCCIS, Amanda Bao, CET, Korhan Sevenler, CET, Elena Fedorovskaya, COS, Michael Barbosu, COS, Peter Bajorski, COS, Minh Pham, COS, Reluca Felea, COS, Abdul Mutalib Wahaishi, GCCIS, Amal Mutalib Wahaishi, GCCIS, Yasmine El-Galely, GCCIS, Jay Yang, KGCOE, Jerrie Hsieh, SCB, Duygu Akdevelioglu, SCB, Q. Neo Bui, SCB, Sorim Chung, SCB, John Tu, SCB, Malar Hirudayaraj, SCB, Kean Wu, SCB, Ha Zhang, SCB, Emi Moriuchi, SCB, Ettore Spadafora, SCB, Leonid Pugachev, SCB, Muhammet Kesgin, SCB, Rong Yang, SCB, Dilin Wang, SCB, Zhijian Huang, SCB
- Carole Woodlock, Ambarien Alqadar, Ahndraya Parlato, Keli DiRisio and Rebecca Aloisio, CAD
- Sandra Connelly, Michelle Weatherell, COS, Emily Coon-Frisch, COS
- Nickesia Gordon, CLA, Yewande Abraham, CET, Makini Beck, SOIS, Sharon Beckford-Foster, CLA, Silvia Caraballo, Division of Diversity and Inclusion, Kijana Crawford, CLA, Joy Olabisi, SCB, Phillippa Thiuri, CET
- Joseph Baschnagel, CLA, Stephanie Godleski, CLA, Rebecca Houston,CLA, Lindsay Schenkel, CLA, Suzanne Bamonto and Ifeoma Nwo, GCCIS
- Stacey Davis, NTID, and members of the NTID faculty and professional teaching staff
- Marcos Esterman, KGCOE, David P. Wick, Division of Diversity and Inclusion, Jeffrey D. Burnette, CLA
- Peizhao Hu, GCCIS, H.B. Acharya, GCCIS, Anurag Agarwal, COS, Sumita Mishra, GCCIS, Marcin Lukowiak, KGCOE, Stanislaw Radziszowski, GCCIS, Leon Reznik, GCCIS, Matthew Wright, GCCIS, Bo Yuan, GCCIS
- Mark Indelicato, Miguel Bazdresch, Clark Hochgraf, William Johnson, Yossi Nygate and Jennifer Schneider, CAST
- Rui Liu, Alfonso Fuentes and Patricia Iglesias, KGCOE
- Hinda Mandell, CLA, Christine Kray, Tamar Carroll, Michael Brown, O. Nicholas Robertson, Katie Terezakis, CLA Faculty and Alison Parker, The College at Brockport
- John Q. Tu, Manlu Liu, Sean Hansen and Quang (Neo) Bui, SCB
- Hao Zhang, Archana Jain and Konstantin Sokolov, SCB
- Elizabeth Cherry, Kara Maki and David Ross, COS
- Christopher Collison, Jeremy Cody, Michael Coleman, Nathan Eddingsaas, Michael Gleghorn, John-David Rocha, and Lea Vacca Michel, COS
- Sandra Connelly, COS, Sarah Brownell, KGCOE, Dawn Carter, COS, Joe Lanzafame, COS, Jeff Mills, COS, and James Murphy and Suzanne Long, Monroe Community College
- Caroline DeLong, Suzanne Bamonto, A. Eleanor Chand-Matkze, Paula Chase, Jessamy Comer, Kirsten Condry, Stephanie Godleski, Rebecca Houston, Jennifer Lukomski, Lindsay Schenkel, Alan Smerbeck, and Tina Sutton, CLA
- Parsian Katal Mohseni, KGCOE, Panos Markopoulos, KGCOE, Luis Herrera, KGCOE, Ivan Puchades, KGCOE, Jing Zhang, KGCOE, Edward Hensel, KGCOE, Brian Landi, KGCOE and Seth Hubbard, COS
- Paul Wenger, Nathaniel Barlow, Bernard Brooks, Michael Cromer, Matthew Hoffman, Sogol Jahanbekam, Carl Lutzer, Kara Maki, Laura Munoz, Niels Otani and Wei Qian, COS
- Cecilia Ovesdotter Alm, CLA, Chris Homan, GCCIS and Ray Ptucha, KGCOE
- Quang Ngoc Bui, Sean Hansen, Manlu Liu, Victor Perotti, Bryan Reinicke, John Q. Tu and Yang Yu, SCB
- Juilee Decker and Trent Hergenrader, Michael Brown, Andrea Hickerson, Ammina Kothari and David Meiggs, CLA
- Caroline DeLong, Suzanne Bamonto, Eleanor Chand-Matkze, Paula Chase, Jessamy Comer, Kirsten Condry, Stephanie Godleski, Jennifer Lukomski, Lindsay Schenkel, Audrey Smerbeck and Tina Sutton, CLA
- Sunyoung Kim, CAST, Mark Indelicato, Clark Hogchraf, Hiraku Okumura, CAST, and Masahiro Ikeda, Yamaha Corporation
- Ammina Kothari, CLA, Tony Harkin, COS, Andrea Hickerson, CLA, Myrtle Jones, CIAS, Josh Meltzer, CIAS
- Katie McConky, Margaret Bailey, Anju Gupta, Patricia Iglesias Victoria, Dhireesha Kudithipudi, Kathleen A Lamkin-Kennard, Rachel Silvestrini, Patricia L. Taboada-Serrano and Jing Zhang, KGCOE
- Deana Olles, Mihail Barbosu, Patricia Diute, Carl Lutzer, Kara Maki, Darren Narayan, Hossein Shahmohamad, Olga Tsukernik, and Tamas Wiandt, COS
- Mark Olles, CAST, Michael Caldwell, CAST, Beth Carle, CAST, Scott Franklin, COS, Deana Olles, COS and Alan Raisanen, CAST
- Hans Schmitthenner, Irene Evans and Joseph Hornak, COS
- Maureen Valentine, Amanda Bao, Beth Carle, Betsy Dell, Jeanne Christman, Malar Hirudayaraj, Jerrie Hsieh, Dea Jacobs, Karen Proctor, Linda Tolan, Linda Underhill and Carol Whitlock, CAST
- Paul Wenger, Nathaniel Barlow, Bernard Brooks, Michael Cromer, Matthew Hoffman, Carl Lutzer, Kara Maki, Laura Munoz, Niels Otani and Wei Qian, COS
- Callie Babbitt, Dennis Andrejko, Roger Chen, Jules Chiavaroli, Gabrielle Gaustad, Ming Hu, Thomas Trabold and Eric Williams, GIS
- Chris Collison, Michael Coleman, Jeremy Cody, Nathan Eddingsaas, Lea Vacca Michel and John-David Rocha, COS
- Sandra Connelly, COS, Bill Brewer, CHST, Jennifer Connelly, COS, Stacey Davis, NTID, Juilee Decker, CLA, Elizabeth DiCesare, COS, Ming Hu, GIS, Andre Hudson, COS, Joseph Lanzafame, COS, Katie McConky, KGCOE, Jeff Mills, COS, Tom Prevendoski, Ke-an Wu, SCB
- Caroline DeLong, Suzanne Bamonto, A. Eleanor Chand-Matkze, Jessamy Comer, Kirsten Condry, Jennifer Lukomski, Lindsay Schenkel, Audrey Smerbeck and Tina Sutton, CLA
- Myrtle Jones, CIAS, Barbara Birkett, Elena Fedorovskaya, Michael Riordan, Michael Coleman, and Geraldine Cochran, COS
- Carl Lutzer, Bernard Brooks, Nathaniel Barlow, Michael Cromer, Matthew Hoffman, Kara Maki, Laura Munoz, Niels Otani, Wei Qian and Paul Wenger, COS
- Sildomar Monteiro, Reza Azarderakhsh and Raymond Ptucha, KGCOE
- Deana Olles, Birgit Coffey, Patricia Diute, Carrie Lahnovych, Deana Olles, Thomas Prevendoski, Helen Timberlake, Olga Tsukernik, Tamas Wiandt, Hossein Shamohammad, Mihail Barbosu and Matthew Coppenbarger, COS
- Mark Olles, CAST, Alan Raisanen, Carlos Diaz, Martin Anslem, Manian Ramkumar and Daniel Johnson, COS
- Niels Otani, COS, Elizabeth Cherry, COS, Behnaz Ghoraani, KGCOE, Laura Muñoz, COS, Linwei Wang, GCCIS and URMC faculty: Jean-Philippe Couderc, Coeli Lopes, Wojciech Zareba
- Elizabeth Adams, Christina Agostinelli, Godys Armengot-Mejía, Sara Armengot, Diane Forbes, Tim Foxsmith, Francia González and Rosalba Pisaturo, CLA
- Iris Asllani, Jennifer Bailey, Thomas Gaborski , Behnaz Ghoraani, Blanca Lapizco-Encinas, Cristian Linte and Alen Man, KGCOESuzanne Bamonto, Jessamy Comer, Kirsten Condry, Caroline DeLong, Jennifer Lukomski, Lindsay Schenkel , Audrey Smerbeck, Tina Sutton and Tywanquila Walker, CLA
- Catherine Beaton, GCCIS, Gary Behm, NTID, Steven Day, KGCOE, Elizabeth DeBartolo, KGCOE, Vicki L. Hanson, GCCIS), Patricia Iglesias-Victoria, KGCOE, Kathleen Lamkin-Kennard, KGCOE, Stephanie Ludi, GCCIS, Tae Oh, GCCIS, Dan Phillips, KGCOE and Stan Rickel, CIAS
- Deb Colton, John Ettlie, Clyde Hull, Archana Jain, Shalini Khazanchi, Manlu Liu, Sandra Rothenberg, Qian Song, Zhi Tang, John Tu, Rong Yang and Hao Zhang, SCB
- Edward Hensel, Thomas Gaborski, Christiaan Richter, Michael Schrlau, Patricia L. Taboada-Serrano, Wayne W. Walter and Steven Weinstein, KGCOE
- Clark Hochgraf, Mark Indelicato, Sungyoung Kim and Richard Wyffels, CIAS
- Christine Kray, Wilson Silva and Jason Younker, CLA
- Kelly Martin, CLA, Bruce Austin, Tamar Carroll, Nick DiFonzo, Hinda Mandell, Keith Jenkins, Mike Johansson, Andrea Hickerson, Keith Jenkins, Christine Keiner, Michael Laver, Jessica Lieberman, Scott Merydith, Jessica Pardee, Judy Porter, Rebecca Scales, Corinna Schlombs, Jonathan Schroeder, Danielle Smith, Elena Sommers, Katie Terezakis and Tracy Worrell, CLA
- Rajendra Raj, CAST, Jennifer Schneider, CAST, Carol Romanowski, GCCIS, Sumita Mishra, GCCIS
- Greg Babbitt, COS, Margaret Bailey, KGCOE, Dawn Carter, COS, Michael Coleman, COS, Feng Cui, COS, Elizabeth DeBartolo, KGCOE, Elizabeth Dicesare, COS, Mark Fairchild, COS, Maureen Ferran, COS, Elizabeth Hane, COS, Anne Houtman, COS, Karl Korfmacher, COS, Carol Marchetti, COS, Lea Michel, COS, Dina L Newman, COS, Jacob Noel-Storr, COS, Hans Schmitthenner, COS, Paul Shipman, COS, Gary Skuse, COS, Hyla Sweet, COS, Christy Tyler, COS, and Leslie Kate Wright, COS
- Paul Craig, Scott Franklin, Tom Kim, Aaron McGowan, Dina Newman, Bob Teese, Eric West and Leslie Kate Wright, COS
- Thomas Gaborski, Edward Hensel, Christiaan Richter, Patricia Taboada-Serrano, Wayne Walter and Steven Weinstein, KGCOE
- Stephanie Ludi, Andy Meneely and Emad Shihab, GCCIS
- Ashok Robin, Hao Zhang, James Baroody, John Ettlie, John Tu, Joy Oguntebi, Michael Palanski, Mithu Dey, Sandra Rothenberg, Sean Hansen, Zhi Tang, Archana Jain, Hao Zhang, Rong Yang and Chian Song, SCB
- Chris Collison, Loraine Tan, Lea Michel, Michael Coleman and Jeremy Cody, COS
- Betsy Dell, CAST, Rhiannon Hart, CLA, Michael Stinson, NTID, Larry Villasmil, CAST and Nancy Ares, Warner School of Education, University of Rochester
- Kara Maki, COS, David Ross, COS, Steve Weinstein, KGCOE, Hans Schmitthenner, COS, and Joseph Hornak, COS
- Dina L. Newman, L. Kate Wright, Thomas Kim, Scott Franklin and Robert Teese, COS
- Wayne Walter, Edward Hensel, Michael Schrlau, Mario Gomes, Jason Kolodziej, Kathleen Lamkin-Kennard and Benjamin Varela, KGCOE