Account Management Standard
The Account Management Standard provides requirements around creating and maintaining user and special accounts. The primary audience for the standard is account administrators. However, there are reporting requirements pertaining to personnel and roles and responsibility changes for managers as well.
Current Account Management Standard (reflects 2015 operational changes, comply by 1/23/15)
Who does the standard apply to?
- IT personnel who support account creation and maintenance for RIT information resources.
- Managers reporting changes in access privileges/job changes of employees.
- Requires appropriate controls to ensure that users prove their identity and only have access to the resources to which they are authorized.
- Provides requirements for managing and maintaining accounts accessing RIT information resources.
- Provides requirements for special account types.
- Checklist (2015 standard)