Student Innovation Hall
There are two rooms available for use: 1100 (conference room) and 1600 (round open space).
All events held in the Simone Center should be professional- or academic-based and align with the innovative goals of the center. All event requests will be reviewed in accordance to the Simone Center policies.
Reserving 1100 Conference Room
Please make arrangements through RIT's events reservation system.
Reserving 1600 Open Space
Included In Reservation:
- Set up classroom style, with podium and 1 projection screen
- Laptop (If you need to pre-test your presentation, contact Siobhan Murphy
- 2 wireless microphones: (1) hands free and (1) hand-held
- Student Worker to assist with audio/visuals
- 3 - 6 foot banquet table
- Your event flyer displayed on a digital monitor at entrance to the Hall. (Email the file (JPG, PNG, PPT landscape 1920 x 1080) to Siobhan Murphy.
To check availability and reserve this room, contact Siobhan Murphy. Include the date and times of your event in the email.
NOT included in reservation:
- Set-up that is different than the standard classroom style.
- Custodial services on weekends (Friday Night - Sunday)
- Coat racks
Catering, tables, custodial services, linens and coat rack rentals can be reserved through https://reserve.rit.edu.
Events Space Layouts and Maximum Occupancy Limits
- Standing-room only: 200 people
- Auditorium style: 150 people
- Pod style: 72 people
- Classroom style: 50 people
Rules and Restrictions
- Nothing can be taped to, written on, or leaned against any of the walls.
- Balloons, confetti, glitter, and chemicals are strictly prohibited.
- During normal business hours, the space is NOT available to host dinners, banquets, award receptions, fashion shows, music competitions, etc.
- The event holder is responsible to monitor all attendees’ use of the lobby to ensure that Student Financial Services is not disrupted.
- Weekend events require an RIT GL account number to be provided for facility and custodial service charge backs.