Outdoor Education: Wellness Education Courses
While taking an Outdoor Education course you may find yourself on the water, in the woods, in the mountains, or even right here on campus. Courses are typically 15-30 hours in duration and follow the semester schedule but may not necessarily span the entire 14 weeks. All courses offered fulfill ONE Wellness Activity requirement.
Please check the schedule of courses for more information at Student Information System and click on Open/Closed Courses. The Outdoor Education subject is "WINT".
Some courses are offered seasonally, while others are offered year-round.
Current courses offering include:
- Indoor Rock Climbing
- Outdoor Rock Climbing
- Wilderness Survival
- Whitewater Kayaking
- Maple Syrup and Our Environment
- Bike Maintenance
- Wilderness First Aid
- As a faculty/staff member, you can take advantage of the student wellness classes that are offered each semester.
- Registration for faculty/staff occurs after all students have registered.
- If you have taken classes at RIT previously, register at Student Information System.
- A Registration Form will need to be completed if you have never taken a course at RIT.