RIT maintains a single academic transcript reflecting all courses taken at RIT. There is no charge for transcripts.
There are a number of ways to request your transcript. Transcripts can be requested through the Student Information System (SIS), in person, by mail, or by fax.
For current students and recent graduates the most efficient way to request a transcript, and the option that provides the quickest turn-around time, is through the SIS at https://rit.edu/sis. Directions on how to request your transcript using SIS can be found here. Transcript requests received through SIS are processed and mailed within two business days.
If you no longer have access to SIS, you can request transcripts using the the Transcript Request form found on our website. All transcript request forms must include date of birth, current and former names and a hand written signature in order to be processed.
You may pick up two transcripts in-person at our office while you wait; for requests received via mail or fax, please allow 5-7 business days for processing.
For your protection, no requests can be taken over the phone as the student's signature is required for the release of records. RIT does not provide copies of other institutions' transcripts. Transcripts from high schools or other colleges cannot be duplicated; you must contact them directly for official transcripts.
RIT Transcript Policies
- Release of transcripts requires the student's signature.
- Transcripts will not be issued until all outstanding debts to the Institute have been paid in full.
- RIT will not be responsible for undeliverable transcripts due to an inaccurate address.
- RIT will not duplicate transcripts from U.S. or international high schools or other universities. Please contact them directly.
- There is no fee charged for processing and mailing a transcript via first class mail.
If you request a FedEx mailing, please provide a FedEx shipping label. Please see FedEx Mailing for instructions.
- We do not provide electronic transcripts, or send them via fax or email, as they are not considered official.
RIT complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, which governs access and release of information from student educational records. More information on Student Privacy.