RIT maintains a single academic transcript reflecting all courses taken at RIT. The transcript is the University’s certified statement of your academic record. All transcripts are provided on security sensitive paper (or secure PDF) that contains the RIT seal and the signature of the Registrar. All requests for transcripts must go through the Parchment Services using the appropraite link below. Requests made by paper, email, phone, or other methods outside of Parchment Services will not be processed.
- Do you have an active RIT account? If so, click here to log in with your RIT account
- If your RIT account has expired or you never had one, click here to create a transcript ordering account.
- Questions regarding creating an account should be directed to email@example.com.
You may order an official, certified PDF of your transcript secured by a digital certificate, which is displayed at the top of the transcript along with a blue ribbon. This is the fastest, most secure and environmentally friendly method to request your transcript.
- Processing time: ~30 minutes (students who attended prior to 2000: 5-7 business days)
- Electronic transcripts can be sent to any valid email address (employers, other schools, yourself, etc.) or through the Parchment exchange network.
- After receipt of the email notification for electronic transcripts, the transcript must be retrieved within 14 days.
- Cost: $3.25 each
You may order an official paper copy of your transcript to be mailed to yourself or another recipient. Upon request, printed transcripts may also be picked up in the Office of the Registrar by the requestor.
- Processing time: 2-4 business days (students who attended prior to 2000: 5-7 business days)
- All transcripts are sent First Class USPS
- FedEx is available for an additional charge
- RIT will not be responsible for undeliverable transcripts due to an inaccurate address.
- Photo ID required for pick up
- Cost: $4.00 each
Current students and recent alumni can review and print a copy of their unofficial transcript from the Student Information System (SIS) at no cost.
Only students/former students/alumni may request copies of their transcript.
RIT complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, which governs access and release of information from student educational records. More information on Student Privacy.
- Transcripts are not released for students or alumni with outstanding financial or student conduct obligations.
- Transcripts will NOT be distributed by fax.
- RIT does not provide copies of other institutions' transcripts. Transcripts from high schools or other colleges cannot be duplicated; you must contact them directly for official transcripts.
Students/former students/alumni who need to send their transcripts to one of the associations found here, can do so via the above method. These associations are all considered In-Network Recipients and have already established accounts with Parchment. Simply type in their abbreviation (AMCAS, AACN etc) in the search box when ordering, select the recipient and follow the process through to checkout. Often, these associations accept and prefer electronic transcripts which are a lower cost and quicker solution.