SOIS MS in Professional Studies (Graduate) Scholarship Application
Program Policy and Application Criteria
The MS in Professional Studies program annually distributes scholarships to qualified graduate students and program candidates. Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Awards normally range from 10-30% of a student’s semester tuition rate per academic year, are paid to students as tuition waiver on a semester basis in accordance with their program of study progress, and are based on the following criteria:
- Outstanding academic merit and progress.
- Academic and community or professional service accomplishments earned prior to or whilebecoming a SOIS graduate student.
- Interdisciplinary entrepreneurial professional interests which coincide with specific areas of recruitingor program development within SOIS.
Scholarship Application, Approval and Award Process
To apply for a scholarship, complete this application and submit it by the deadline:
- Fall Semester - first Friday in May
- Spring Semester - January 31st
- Summer Semester - May 31st
Program faculty and advisers will then make an award decision based on the criteria above combined with the student applicant’s success to that point in their plan/program of study. For renewal of a scholarship, students must reapply each year. The re-application window normally occurs during spring of each year.
Program Planning and Spending Review
On a semester basis the Program Director or their designee will monitor the number, amounts and type of scholarships granted. This is accomplished by reviewing the scholarship distribution report provided by the Office of Financial Aid, and undertaken in order to ensure available funds are appropriately expended in accordance with SOIS goals and University policies.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-475-2234.