Planning your Social Strategy
So, you've decided you want to be on social media. Terrific! We're quite partial to social media as a way to engage and communicate. One of the mantras we repeat around here is "goals before tools." Social media is, at its core, just another tool in a toolkit. With that in mind, before you create a new account, please fill out the form below.
This document will help both you, and the RIT social media team set goals for your efforts and determine the best strategy to help you achieve those goals.
- What platforms is your office/college/division/group currently on?
- What platform are you proposing to use?
- Who is your audience?
- What do you know about them? What are they asking you for?
- Who will be in charge of the account?
- How often do you plan to post?
- Who will answer questions and comments addressed to the account?
- Who will monitor the account?
- What does success look like to you?
- What are your goals for the account?
- What is your budget?
- What kinds of content do you need for the account? Images? Videos?
Have Questions? Reach out to Social Media Director Dave Tyler, firstname.lastname@example.org, 585.475.6168, or @dtyler321 on Twitter.