Cryptocurrency Job Scam
8 June 2021
A phishing email purporting to offer a work opportunity for a cryptocurrency company was received by the RIT Community.
Red flags in the email:
- Sender address is not associated with the company offering the work
- There is no addressee name
- There is inconsistent capitalization and punctuation
- Contact email is a gmail address
- Job description is very vague and typical of work-at-home scams
Always avoid responding to suspicious emails. If you're unsure, try to find the page on your browser without using the link or try to find out more information another way. Send any suspicious emails to email@example.com.