Intramurals is about participation, interaction, and staying active and having fun. The sports offered are organized for friendly, fun competition and are not meant to be as competitive as Varsity sports.
Intramural contests will be a safe and welcoming environment for all members of the RIT community, regardless of gender identity, gender expression, race, religion, actual or perceived disabilities, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or culture, including Deaf culture.
Any current RIT student, faculty, or staff can form a team.
RIT alumni may participate if they have a valid recreation membership and are in good standing. Visitors and students from other colleges are not allowed to participate.
All participants must register to play via the Online Portal.
All participants must show their valid RIT ID at the scorer's table when checking in for their game. A University ID number may not be given in place of having a valid RIT ID. NO ID, NO PLAY, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Team captains are responsible for maintaining accurate rosters on FusionIM. If a player's name does not appear on the printed or electronic roster at game time, he or she cannot play.
Playing on more than one team in the same league will result in suspension.
All intramural leagues are gender-inclusive. Not sure which one to pick? Here’s what you can expect in each level:
- Advanced: Our most competitive level, we recommend that players with previous experience at a competitive level (high school, club, former varsity) register for this league. An Advanced team’s roster should have a majority of Advanced-level players.
- Intermediate: A less-competitive option, Intermediate teams may have Advanced and/or Beginner-level players on their roster.
- Beginner: The least competitive option, you will see a wide range of ability levels in Beginner. Advanced and Intermediate-level players should not register for this league.
- 3-on-3 and 5-on-5 Basketball
- Flag Football
- Ice Hockey
- Indoor 4v4 Flag Football
- Indoor and Outdoor Soccer
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Tournament offerings vary each semester. For up to date tournament offerings, follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RITRecreation