The Office of Special Events and Conferences is the principal point of contact for all organizations that wish to use RIT facilities. We provide a full range of services, including comprehensive event management; housing, dining, and catering arrangements; coordination of meeting and support facilities; and technical support. Successful conferences, meetings and workshops are valuable tools in highlighting the accomplishments of RIT, recruiting potential faculty, staff & students, and provide increased revenue and exposure for your organization for years to come.
RIT Special Events & Conferences Office
Phone: (585) 475-5012
30 Lomb Memorial Dr
Rochester, NY 14623
Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
When planning an internal RIT event or conference, faculty members are encouraged to contact the Government & Community Relations staff for consultation services. Event management services are available to faculty for their external professional organization conferences and events.
- RIT Event Planning Handbook (log-in access for Faculty &Staff only)
If interested in hosting a club or student-run organization event at RIT please contact the Center for Campus Life (https://www.rit.edu/studentaffairs/campuslife/event-planning).
To schedule an appointment with an event registration representative, please email email@example.com.
All external visitors who wish to utilize RIT facilities are required to contact the Office of Special Events & Conferences. This office will provide comprehensive event management services including: budget development, facilities reservations, coordination of logistics and service needs and onsite event management.
Event Planning Terms & Conditions
General Institute and Governance policies have been adopted to facilitate the best possible use of campus facilities and services. Should exceptions to these policies be required, please contact your assigned RIT event planner.
All external clients are required to sign a facility and service use contract. Please review the RIT policies below prior to signing the final event contract.
General Institute Policies
- University Risk Management Guidelines https://www.rit.edu/fa/grms/guidelines.html
- University Insurance Requirement https://www.rit.edu/fa/grms/sites/rit.edu.fa.grms/files/docs/coi_instructions.pdf .
- Environmental Health & Safety https://www.rit.edu/fa/grms/ehs/
RIT’s Governance Policies related to holding events on campus
- Code of Conduct for Computer Use
- Political and Legislative Activities Policy
- Policy with Respect to Demonstrations on Campus
- Service Animal, Assistance Animal, and Pet Policy
- Student/ Faculty/ Staff Alcohol and Drug Policy ()
- Tobacco-Restricted University Policy
- University Closings
- Vending Policy
Event Rules & Regulations
Emergency Actions, Closing Procedures & Contact Information
- RIT Emergency Information (Contact Numbers) http://emergency.rit.edu/
- RIT Emergency Actions http://emergency.rit.edu/actions.php
- University Closing Procedure https://www.rit.edu/academicaffairs/policiesmanual/c190