Returned study abroad students have the opportunity to be featured at the online Virtual Global Learning Symposium during International Education Week in November.
Join us as a featured student!
The Global Learning Symposium takes place each year in the Fall - this year presentations will be shared virtually on the RIT Education Abroad website - an online exhibition of academic accomplishments from your study abroad experience. Share a class project/assignment, internship, research or volunteer experiences with faculty, students and the RIT campus community.
View 2021 Symposium Presentations
Benefits of being a featured student:
- Opportunity to educate others about your experience
- Opportunity to reflect on your experience
- Networking Professional experience to be included on your resume or graduate school applications
- Recognition for your academic achievements
Virtual Presentations can include:
- Results of an in-depth classroom project (share a project you completed for one of your classes abroad)
- Research findings (if applicable)
- Portfolio/display of creative work
- Cross cultural comparison of your major/field
- Work accomplished at an internship or impact of volunteer work
Virtual Presentation methods can include:
- Video presentation - preferred method (3-5 min.)
- See example of video presentation (Power Point with recorded voice over)
- Directions on how to record a video using Power Point or Zoom
- However, you can use whatever video creation platform you are comfortable with (Zoom recording, Google slides, Canva, Powtoon, Prezi, iMovie, etc.)
- Poster (will be posted on Study Abroad website)
- Poster example
- Downlad poster template (power point template set up to poster size) -you can add your text, photos, etc.)
- Video of Interactive Activity/Demonstration (ex. showing how to sign in another language, showing example of video game created while abroad)
Please remember that your presentation must have an academic component, it is not just an overview of your study abroad experience in general.
Past topics have included:
- How Do Service Expectations in Dubai Differ from the U.S.?
- Age and Education in Sweden vs. the U.S.
- Plastic Bottle Upcycling in Nicaragua
- Dublin Cycleway Design
- Shortage of Healthcare Workers in Botswana
- Edge of the Outback Photography Portfolio
Email Michelle Fitz (email@example.com) for information on submitting a project.
- Your presentation should have an academic or work focus (i.e. a class assignment/project you completed or something you learned from your experience about your field of study).
- Your presentation should be visually appealing and informative and easy to follow.
- The goals in presenting your topic should be to provide a clear overview of your project in a concise amount of time (3-5 min. video)
Questions? Email Michelle Fitz at firstname.lastname@example.org