Spend four weeks exploring the natural beauty of Croatia, its diverse ecosystems and wine making history, methods and techniques.
- Combine classroom-based study with field learning excursions and guided tours that will take you to coastal areas, national parks and wine regions outside of Dubrovnik.
- Participate in a week-long sailing excursion that will take you to the coastal islands in the Adriatic Sea to study the local ecosystems which have influenced the rich history of Croatian wine culture.
- Pay discounted tuition for 6 credits.
Program dates: May 19-June 15, 2019 (approximate)
Application deadline: February 1, 2019
ENVS-150 - Ecology of the Dalmatian Coast
This course is an introduction to population, community and ecosystem ecology, stressing the dynamic interrelationships of plant and animal communities of the Dalmatian Coast in Croatia. 4 credits
HSPT 161 - Wines of the World
This course is an introduction to the global wine history, vineyard methods, production techniques, grape characteristics, sensory evaluation, marketing and distribution. 2 credits
Program Cost: A complete student budget worksheet for the summer 2019 program can be found here. Students should take a copy of this worksheet to their financial aid advisor early in the application process to determine how their aid may apply to the program cost.
Learn more - watch a short info. video
1) Make an appointment with a study abroad advisor to go over required application steps. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Start an application in the Compass.
RIT Students & Outside Students