Studying abroad gives you the opportunity to learn beyond the classroom and develop skills to be successful both personally and professionally in a rapidly changing global society.
Early planning is key!
Follow these easy steps:
- Consider how the following factors/priorities might influence your program choice: cost, mental and physical health, level of cultural immersion, location, length of time, coursework available, etc.
- Meet with your academic advisor to determine timing and coursework.
- Before meeting with your advisor you may want to print your college specific study abroad info sheet - a tool that highlights major/college specific study abroad information such as the best time to go and popular programs for your major. College info sheets can be found here.
- Login to the Compass database to search program offerings. Login below using your RIT username and password.
- Make an appointment with a study abroad advisor by calling 585-475-4466 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read the Essential Information section for more information about programs, registration, billing, grading and more.
- Consider completing the RIT Personalized Study Abroad Strategic Plan that will help you determine your goals and priorities. Resources to help you complete the plan can be found here.
If you have any other questions, email email@example.com.