Returned study and work abroad students have the opportunity to present at the Annual Global Learning Symposium - a celebration of study and work abroad and an exhibition of your academic accomplishments from your international experience.
Share your class project, work project, internship, research or volunteer experiences with the RIT community!
As a featured student you will have a chance to:
- Showcase your experience and academic projects.
- Network with the RIT campus community.
- Add this to your resume or grad school application.
- Inspire others to study or work abroad.
Date of Symposium:
Wednesday, November 20th, 2019
3:00 – 5:00 pm
University Gallery, Vignelli Center
It is preferred that you be available to present your exhibit for at least one hour during the symposium (full attendance is ideal).
Your exhibit could showcase a project from your study abroad experience OR a project that you’ve worked on since returning that was significantly influenced by study abroad. Here are some ideas:
- Class project/assignment
- Research project
- Group project
- Volunteer experience
- Work abroad project
- Cross-cultural experience
- Thesis or capstone which features an international element
Your exhibit could be a:
- Poster session (RIT Global will cover or reimburse your printing costs)
- Portfolio Display
- Interactive activity/demonstration
Past exhibition topics have included:
- How Do Service Expectations in Dubai Differ from the U.S.?
- Age and Education in Sweden vs. the U.S.
- Plastic Bottle Upcycling in Nicaragua
- Dublin Cycleway Design
- Shortage of Healthcare Workers in Botswana
- Edge of the Outback Photography Portfolio
Exhibit Proposals due: November 6, 2019
Exhibit proposal requires basic information about the presenter and a 250-word description of project. Students may choose to present individually or as a small class group (up to 5 students).
After you submit your exhibit description, you will be sent an information packet with FAQ's, guidelines for your exhibit.
The Education Abroad office will reimburse you for the cost of printing your poster.
Questions? Email Michelle Fitz at firstname.lastname@example.org