RIT students have an opportunity to study for an exchange semester at our newest university partner, Hochschule Mittweida.
Founded in 1867, Hochschule Mittweida began as a technical school known for its engineering programs. Today, it is the #1 university of Applied Sciences in the region of Saxony. The university has built a reputation as a teaching and research university that emphasizes project oriented, hands-on approach in coursework. Mittweida is a known as a university town, home to over 7,000 students. The university is located in the center of town, giving students easy access to nearby parks, restaurants, walking paths, and historic sites.
Programs with coursework in English include:
- Applied Mathematics
Analysis II, Linear Algebra II, Computer Algebra, Numerical Mathematics, Probability and Statistics, Theoritical Computer Science
- Global Communication in Business and Culture
- Term: Spring Semester (please note that the semester in Germany runs from March through July)
- Location: Mittweida, Germany
- Language of Instruction: Select courses are taught in English. In order to take courses in German language, students should have basic knowledge of German, with preference of B2 (intermediate) level or higher.
- Total Credits: 12 to 15
- Open to students in CET, KGCOE and CLA
Application deadline: October 15th
1) Make an appointment with a study abroad advisor for this program to go over required application steps - choose a date and time
2) Start an application in the Compass.
Please Note: Study abroad programs and all international travel by students for the 2020-2021 academic year are suspended until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications for fall 2021 and beyond travel programs will remain open as we monitor the situation. For the most up to date information, please visit https://www.rit.edu/academicaffairs/global/covid-19-study-abroad
RIT Students only