Travel to Japan for an inside look at Japan's $22 billion game industry.
- Visit Japanese gaming studios and meet professionals working in the field.
- Explore how the Japanese gaming industry has influenced Japanese culture, art, and design.
- Kick butt in a weekend game jam with local Japanese students.
- Participate in cultural excursions in Kyoto, Hiroshima, and Tokyo.
No Japanese language required.
The application deadline for the spring/summer 2023 program has passed. To inquire about next year's program, contact the faculty director, Stephen Jacobs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Course Term: Spring course at RIT, travel to Japan in early Summer
Travel Dates: Mid-May to Late June
- IGME 590 - Seminar in the Japanese Game Industry (3 credits)
Students will be enrolled in a spring 2023course at RIT and will travel to Japan in early summer.
Open to undergraduate majors, 2nd year and above. Preferred demonstrated skills in game design/development, art/design, coding, or creative writing.
Program space is limited. Interview and portfolio review required as part of program application process.
This program is not currently accepting applications. To inquire about next year's program, email the faculty director or email@example.com.
COVID-19 & Study Abroad
The RIT Education Abroad office is constantly monitoring how COVID-19 is affecting international travel, with student safety as our top priority. Students will be required to be vaccinated, follow all applicable CDC and/or state/international travel guidelines when traveling, and may need to take additional precautions. For the most up to date information and FAQs, please visit COVID-19 & Study Abroad
RIT Students Only