RIT China, Associate Dean
RIT Global seeks a versatile, experienced academic leader to oversee all faculty and curricula, and ensure courses taught at the RIT Weihai location meet the highest quality standards. The position is based in Weihai, China.
The Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) Saunders College of Business and the Beijing Jiaotong University (BJTU) School of Economics and Management began a strategic partnership in 2012. Celebrating its 120th year, Beijing Jiaotong University (BJTU), is one of the top research universities in China. RIT was BJTU’s first international partner committed to delivering joint degree programs at its new Weihai location since 2015. Over 300 students are enrolled in the RIT B.S. in Management Information Systems (MIS) program in Weihai. The language of instruction for all RIT coursework is English. The Weihai campus is located on the east end of the Shandong peninsula, 5.5 km from the Yellow Sea. For more information, please visit: http://rit.edu/globalcampuses; http://wh.bjtu.edu.cn/.
Identify possible grants and other sources of funding or other research and outreach opportunities for the program;
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Associate Dean in the Saunders College of Business, the RIT Associate Provost of International Education and Global Programs, and the administration of BJTU to manage all aspects of the delivery of RIT’s academic programs and student academic life in Weihai;
- Create a plan of work each academic year in collaboration with the Associate Provost of International Education and Global Programs outlining specific teaching, research and administrative goals and expectations;
- Responsible for the academic program planning, including proposing academic calendars, oversight of the course scheduling and faculty workload planning for undergraduate and graduate courses;
- Serve as a supervisor and mentor to RIT Weihai faculty and staff members ;
- Manage the approvals, plan of work and evaluation of RIT Weihai faculty;
- Teach 1-2 sections per academic year of MIS courses at the Weihai campus as approved by the RIT Saunders College of Business;
- Work in conjunction with the colleges at RIT’s main campus to support course and curriculum development appropriate to the needs of the RIT programs and students in Weihai;
- Assists with recruitment and outreach to prospective students and represents RIT at recruitment events including educational exhibitions and forums, high school and university visits, and presentations for prospective students in China.
- Identify faculty staffing needs and coordinate with the Senior Associate Dean in the Saunders College of Business and RIT Director of Global Programs and International Partnerships to manage the recruitment and hiring of all necessary faculty;
- Oversee the development and administration of policies, procedures, and program related to academic and student services;
- Liaison to academic advisory boards;
- Manage processes and communication related to academic advising, academic action, and degree audit and certification.
- Develop and manage assessment of learning activities at Weihai campus, meeting the requirements of both RIT and the People’s Republic of China Ministry of Education standards; maintain regular communication with college and university office of assessment and accreditation at the main RIT campus to plan assessment activities, understand requirements and report progress.
- Create a local budget for faculty salaries and necessary resources related to the RIT degree programs in Weihai; work with BJTU Weihai administration to clarify resource and infrastructure requirements (such as labs, equipment, classrooms, etc.) for the joint programs;
- Participate in RIT and BJTU community events;
- Complete other general duties assigned by the Associate Provost of International Education and Global Programs at RIT.
Master’s degree from an AACSB accredited institution; qualified to teach coursework within the AACSB bachelor of science degree in MIS; knowledge of curricular design, pedagogy, experiential education, and academic program assessment; at least two years of relevant experience at the college or university level; ability to manage and supervise others; ability and willingness to work effectively with a variety of constituencies, including faculty, staff, students, employers, and the general public; ability to work effectively as part of a team; high energy and enthusiasm; strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to manage details and multiple tasks and initiate new tasks; excellent written and oral communication skills; confident attitude toward working with start-up organizations.
Doctorate or doctoral coursework from an AACSB accredited institution; administrative experience in an academic setting working with faculty and students; teaching and advising experience.
This position requires relocation to Weihai, China.
The RIT China – Weihai Associate Dean of Academic Affairs position reports directly to the Associate Provost of International Education and Global Programs at RIT.
Commensurate with experience .
Qualified external applicants should send a CV and cover letter, as attachments, to Global@rit.edu. Please indicate “RIT China Associate Dean” in the subject area of the email.
Qualified internal applicants should send a CV and cover letter, as attachments, to Lyndsey McGrath at Lyndsey.McGrath@rit.edu.
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov.