The RIT Global Office is excited to announce the Orbis Scholarship, funding to support globally minded scholars to pursue their international education goals on the RIT Rochester campus. The Orbis Scholarship awards USD $1,000 scholarships to eligible Global Scholars to be applied toward the RIT housing, RIT meal plan or other RIT fees.* Up to two Global Scholars may be selected each Spring term from each global location. In addition to the USD$1,000, the Orbis Scholarship will grant a waiver for the RIT program fee (USD$300).
Available for spring semester ONLY.
- First Time Global Scholar
- Student must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.4 or higher
- Undergraduate students only
- Must have 3rd or 4th year standing at the time of participation
- Student must live in RIT Housing on-campus
- Student must agree to participate as a Global Ambassador for the RIT Global Office;**
- Student must agree to organize an info session or activity connected to promote study abroad to their home campus in collaboration with the RIT Global Office;**
- Student must agree to write at least one blog post on the Scholar to Scholar blog;**
*Funds can only be applied toward RIT housing, meal plan or other RIT fees.
**Students will be paid for their time in the activities listed above. Time is estimated at 1 hour/week.
Students must submit:
- Brief application form - the application form will be available for download here on or by November 21st, 2017.
- 1 letter of recommendation from your academic advisor
- 1 letter of recommendation from a faculty member at your home campus
All scholarship applications will be reviewed and selected by a committee representative of the RIT Global Office and academic department associated with the student’s program.