RIT Education Abroad hosts the Monroe County Clerk office on campus once or twice a year to process U.S. passport applications.
Fall 2022 Passport Drive
Saturday, November 5th
11 am-2:30 pm
Simone Center for Student Innovation & Entrepreneurship (same building as Student Financial Services, USC /087)
Sign up for an arrival window
Please note that it may take over an hour to complete the passport process, so plan accordingly. If you need Access Services support at the Passport Drive, please reserve at myacess.rit.edu.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you are bringing all the paperwork required by the U.S. Department of State to apply for your passport:
- Proof of citizenship – the Monroe County Clerk passport website explains your options - read this to make sure you are coming prepared. You may need to ask a family member to mail you some of these required documents.
- Method of payment (cash, check or credit card) - the Monroe County Clerk passport website outlines passport costs.
- Your driver’s license or non-driver ID (if your driver’s license is not NY State, also bring your RIT ID).
If you don’t bring proper proof of citizenship, you will not be able to apply for your passport at the Passport Drive.
Passport photos can be taken on the day of the Passport Drive for $7. Cash, credit and check for passport costs is accepted.
Filling out your passport application ahead of time and bringing it with you will save you time at the event. Print the application here. IMPORTANT: Print the application one-sided only (it cannot be printed double-sided). Fill out your application in black ink only. Do not sign your application before the event.
It will take 8-10 weeks to receive your passport, so plan accordingly if you have upcoming travel plans. U.S. Dept. of State Processing Times. You can choose expedited processing for your passport (an additonal $60 fee).
Renewing a Passport?
You may be able to renew by mail if you meet certain requirements. More information
Other places to apply for a passport near RIT
- The Monroe County Clerk’s office in Downtown Rochester – must book an appt. online
- The Henrietta post office – must call for an appt.
For Passport Questions
Contact the National Passport Center at 1-877-487-2778 or visit the U.S. Department of State passport website
Check Your Passport Application Status
After applying for your passport, you can check the application status/progress here.