Search For Awards
2 or more years of relevant experience in the nonprofit sector; Minimum Bachelors degree, Spanish and English language proficiency, 35 years or younger
18 years and older
The U.S. Department of State’s Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship is a grant program that enables students of limited financial means to study or intern abroad, thereby gaining skills critical to our national security and economic competitiveness.
The Gilman Scholarship Program is open to U.S. citizen undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study and intern abroad programs worldwide.
*For this particular program it is required that you make an appointment to be reviewed at our office.
Receiving Federal Pell Grant, studying abroad for at least four weeks, countries cannot be on travel warning list
Up to $5000
This is a one-time $5,000 USD scholarship. The purpose of this scholarship is to assist students studying outside of their *Home Country with their educational expenses. Specifically to be eligible, you must be an American Student studying Abroad or an International Students studying in the US. You need not be a client to be eligible.
Studying for minimum one year abroad, essay, GPA 3.0 minimum
Language scholarships are awarded for study of the following modern languages of East and Southeast Asia: Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Khmer, Japanese, Thai, Indonesian, Burmese
Minimum 3 years of language study at college level; Must have U.S. undergraduate degree
Tuition and stipend
Minimum 3 months, and be earning credit that will transfer to the home university.
The Bright!Tax Global Scholar Initiative provides supplemental funds for American students who are already or will be studying abroad under the auspices of an accredited academic institution. Scholarships are available for full semester programs.
Who Is Eligible?
- If you are a United States citizen and you currently live outside and will be studying outside the US you are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- If you are a United States citizen and you currently live in the US and will be studying outside the US you are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.8 (on a scale of 1.0 to 4.0)
Applicant Evaluation Process
- Bright!Tax Global Scholar funding is awarded based on an individual’s merit and financial need. Our selection process takes into account the following factors –
- Academic achievement, including current and overall GPA
- Extent of community involvement
- Leadership skills
- Achievements in particular fields (debate, performing arts, athletics, etc.)
- An essay on a topic relevant to the scholarship purpose
- Academic or non-academic awards and achievements
- A description of extra-curricular involvement
- Copies of high school and/or college transcripts
- Financial need