Site visits are designed to give study abroad staff and faculty an in-depth look into study abroad programs available to RIT students. Participants will get to know on-site staff, experience components of the curriculum, and learn how programs could be customized to RIT’s needs. Space is limited and by application only.
- Experience study abroad programs first-hand
- Meet with students and local staff
- Learn what goes into a successful customized faculty-led program
- Visit housing, internship sites and academic partners
- Use this experience to build a future faculty-led program
- Connect with potential research partners
- Gain a greater understanding of your students’ study abroad experience
After your site visit, you will be expected to:
- Meet with the RIT Education Abroad office to reflect on the program
- If applicable, team up with the RIT Education Abroad office to promote and recruit students for the program
- Discuss with your department chair and dean about potential collaborations
Participating in a Site Visit
Because site visits are discipline specific, the RIT Education Abroad office will let the appropriate faculty/dean know when these opportunities arise. Your department may have to pay a nominal cost for the site visit. Deadlines for site visits may be short, so getting back to us in a timely manner is essential.