Advance RIT is open to all faculty, regardless of gender.
AdvanceRIT started as an ADVANCE Institutional Transformation grant from the National Science Foundation (Grant No. 1209115) and the office was institutionalized in 2019.
AdvanceRIT plays an instrumental role in:
- Connecting and engaging women faculty in the RIT community.
- Providing opportunities for professional and leadership development for women faculty.
- Supporting efforts for recruiting a diverse faculty critical for achieving excellence in scholarship, teaching, and service.
- Partnering with affiliated groups, departments, and colleges to support their efforts and bring positive change to RIT.
- Improving the quality of women faculty’s work life.
- Ensuring RIT is a place where all faculty are supported, valued, and respected.