SMARTS: Programmatic activities for Women of Color
Women of Color Advisory Board Activities
Women of Color (WoC) writing workshops with Tara Gray
Faculty attended virtual workshops led by Tara Grey: Applying the Ten Steps of Publish & Flourish. The workshops focused on tripling productivity and getting glowing reviews. The focus was on writing prose that is clearer, better organized, and more compelling. The goal was for faculty to leave with skills that would enable them to publish in better journals and get more grants.
Faculty Women of Color in the Academy (FWCA) conference
The Women of Color Advisory board attended the Faculty Women of Color in the Academy (FWCA) conference. RIT was a sponsor of the conference. FWCA is a unique educational and professional opportunity for indigenous and women of color in higher education to network, engage, and learn with colleagues from around the country. The 10th annual installment of FWCA featured sessions that explored the topics of leadership, career advancement, personal well-being, and scholar activism.
Women of Color Support Partners Initiatives
- Developed a partnership with DDI and COS HHMI-IE team to lead a variety of initiatives
- Minda Harts-author of The Memo-What Women of Color Need to Know to Secure a Seat at the Table
- Picture a Scientist: film viewing and panel session
- Dr. Carol Anderson, author of One Person, No Vote: sponsor, planning team, and co-facilitated faculty session
- Social Media Campaign featuring AALANA faculty
- Established a Women of Color Advisory Board to Advance
- AALANA women supported to attended National Faculty Women of Color Conference
- Learning Circle: Lean in, Listen & Learn Developing as allies for women Faculty of Color