Better Me helps RIT employees improve their happiness through awareness and acceptance of their feelings, recognizing limitations, and coping effectively with life’s challenges. Better Me offers this support through two workshop series and RIT’s Employee Assistance Program.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Personal issues, planning for life events, or managing daily life can affect your work, health, and family. Regular full- and part-time employees, their spouses or partners, and eligible children can receive counseling, financial resources, legal support and work-life solutions though RIT’s EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
ComPsych Wellness Workshops
Better Me partnered with ComPsych to provide free wellness workshops that cover a variety of topics. The workshops are 45-50 minutes long and offer information, education, tips, habits, and best practices in areas like personal resilience, parenting, family and relationships, financial well-being, stress and anxiety management, and behavioral health.
- The Joy of Movement (recording)
- Managing Remote or Hybrid Employees (recording)
- Strengthening Your Ability to Empathize (recording)
- Deskercise! Taking Care of Your Body During the Work Day (recording)
- Breathing Techniques for Mental and Physical Health (recording)
- Habits for Physical and Mental Health (recording)
- Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace (recording)
- Balancing Work & Life (recording)
- Tools to Handle Stress (recording)
- Using Kindness to Achieve Personal Success and Happiness (recording)
- Happiness: A Key to Life's Satisfaction (recording)
- Mindfulness: Being Present in Your Work & Life (recording)
- Letting Go of the Things That Hold You Back (recording)
In this workshop series, we will break down the science of well-being and the key elements known to increase happiness, combat feeling overwhelmed, and move us from “surviving” to “thriving.” Each session includes practical and research-backed strategies to build resilience in the face of modern day stressors. Although concepts will build on one another throughout the series, each session is meant to stand on its own and you can attend at any time.