RIT’s Executive MBA is designed for experienced business professionals who want to strengthen their skills and become leaders in the global marketplace. Satisfying the admissions requirements means you have the foundation, experience, and skills necessary to succeed in this rigorous and accelerated degree program. You are also assured that your fellow students, with whom you will network and collaborate, are also talented and driven individuals who can significantly contribute to your EMBA experience.
Unlike traditional MBA programs which rely heavily on GMAT/GRE scores and undergraduate transcripts, RIT’s Executive MBA Program places equal or greater emphasis on the career experience of the candidates for admission. Undergraduate performance is of course a factor, but is weighted appropriately along with résumé, recommendations, and interview.
The requirements for consideration in the Executive MBA Program at RIT include:
- An undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A minimum of 6 years professional work experience
- A completed application (requirements listed below)
- No GMAT/GRE is required
- Completed EMBA application form
- Current résumé detailing all work experience
- Official transcripts from all schools attended, which must arrive sealed in the school’s envelope
- Three letters of recommendation from professional references, one of which should be from a direct supervisor
- Personal statement consisting of:
- A description of a significant workplace challenge and how you resolved it
- Your rationale for choosing RIT’s EMBA program to enhance and fulfill your career objectives
- Scholarship statement answering the following question: (optional)
- If you could go back to age 22 and possess a degree in any subject, what would you do for a career and how would you make your presence in that field impactful?
- One-time, $100 non-refundable application fee (waived for alumni and veterans)
Upon acceptance, you are required to submit the following
- $1,500 Deposit (non-refundable, secures place in program and is applied to first tuition bill)
- Credits evaluated by World Education Services (WES)
- Original mark sheets
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) results forwarded from the Education Testing Service
- Minimum scores required:
- Written exam: 580
- Computer-based exam: 237
- Internet-based test: 92
No transfer credits are accepted for this program.