MS, Ph.D., Rochester Institute of Technology
An engineer and inventor, Dr. Tejasvi Das spent 15 years in the semiconductor industry before joining RIT as an Associate Professor in January 2023. He has been granted over 140 US and International patents across a broad range of areas in the Analog & Mixed-signal IC domain, such as IoT sensing, interference robustness, haptics, audio processing, self-calibration, adaptive circuits and back-end algorithms. His inventions have been instrumental in the commercial success of numerous high-volume IC products. Dr. Das has held various R&D leadership positions in industry, ending as IC Architect at Cirrus Logic. He has successfully led multiple new technology initiatives from early proof of concept to volume production.
Dr. Das currently teaches graduate-level courses in Analog and Mixed-signal IC design. His research interests lie in high-performance, high-efficiency Analog, RF and Mixed-signal circuits & systems, with particular focus on: IoT & bio sensing, HW Security, dynamic RF reconfigurability and process & interference resilience. He would also like to pursue design challenges presented by continued scaling, including heterogenous integration. Additionally, he is interested in exploring new paradigms for analog computing and neuromorphic AI, both at the circuit and system level.
Dr. Das is currently looking for highly motivated B.S./M.S./Ph.D. students for funded positions his research group.
- Single-capacitor inductive sense systems, US Patent 11,536,758, 2022
- Force sensing system and method, US Patent 11,507,267, 2022
- Frequency-selective common-mode control and output stage biasing in an operational amplifier for a class-D amplifier loop filter, US Patent 11,522,509, 2022
- Self-calibration of input-match in RF front-end circuitry, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, 2005
- Interference detection and mitigation in inductive sensor applications and dynamic adaptation based on real-time noise detection, US Patent 11,093,060, 2021
- Virtual button characterization engine, US Patent 11,079,874, 2021
- Methods and apparatuses for providing a haptic output signal to a haptic actuator, US Patent 11,150,733, 2020
- On-chip resonance detection and transfer function mapping of resistive-inductive-capacitive sensors, US Patent 10,935,620, 2021
- False triggering prevention in a resonant phase sensing system, US Patent 10,642,435, 2020
- Towards fault-tolerant RF front ends, Journal of Electronic Testing, 2006
- Noise reduction in voltage reference signal, US Patent 10,460,819, 2019
- Polymorphic playback system with switching oscillation prevention, US Patent 10,313,790, 2019
- Adaptation of dynamic range enhancement based on noise floor of signal, US Patent 9,967,665, 2018
- Systems and methods for gain calibration of an audio signal path, US Patent 9,337,795, 2016
- Impact of asymmetric metal coverage on high performance MOSFET mismatch, Journal of Solid-State Electronics
- Sensor signal correction, US Patent 11,520,436, 2020