RIT's Kate Gleason College of Engineering National Council comprises a talented group of individuals called upon regularly to advise the dean on strategic issues and initiatives of major significance to the College, while also shaping visionary plans for the future.
They provide critical input, analysis and philanthropic support, as well as promoting the College with external audiences. Membership consists of alumni, parents, friends, and corporate partners of RIT who are leaders in their fields and can provide national and global perspectives.
Meet The National Council
Systems & Technology Research
Vice President, Assistant Division Lead, Sensors Division
Expectations and Responsibilities
The Council meets twice annually in the fall and spring. Membership is by invitation only from the Dean. Members serve three-year terms, renewable once, and are eligible for re-appointment after a break in service at discretion of the Dean. A Chair, appointed by the Dean, typically serves a two-year term.
Expectations of Council members are intentionally limited to make it possible for busy individuals to participate. They include:
- Provide counsel to the Dean through formal meetings, as well as on an individual basis periodically throughout the year.
- Attend at least one meeting annually.
- Facilitating introductions for the College within your own network.
- Support the College philanthropically on an annual basis, minimally as a member of the Sentinel Society, preferably at a leadership level.
- A willingness to consider a special gift to an area of particular interest during their term.
On a voluntary basis and as interest and available time allow, Council members may also participate in one or more of the following other activities:
- Speak to classes
- Attend RIT events
- Consult with faculty and students
- Give presentations to campus audiences
- Recruit students for co-op and/or full-time career opportunities
Nominations, including self-nominations, are welcomed and encouraged. Contact us for more information and to submit a nomination.