Student Learning Outcomes and Program Educational Objectives: Microelectronic Engineering BS
Fall 2022 Enrollment
Degrees Awarded in 2021-2022
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate attainment of the following learning outcomes upon graduating:
1. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
2. An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
3. An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
4. An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
5. An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
6. An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
7. An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years of graduation, a microelectronic engineering graduate is expected to have demonstrated:
1. A utilization of their microelectronic engineering knowledge in the design, fabrication, and/or evaluation of semiconductor devices, circuits, or products.
2. A professional approach to performing their responsibilities, whether independently or collaboratively with other team members, as characterized by demonstrated leadership, accountability, initiative and/or ethical and social responsibility.
3. A continual growth in the skills and knowledge through independent inquiry, professional development, and/or the pursuit of a graduate level degree in a related field.