BA, Cornell University; MFA, Rochester Institute of Technology; ABD, University of Rochester
- Joined RIT in 1998
- Sole illustrator or significant contributor to 47 textbooks or reference texts and contributing illustrator to 37 others
- Author or co-author of ten scholarly articles featured in the Journal of Biocommunication, and Scientific American
- Work has been featured in exhibitions across the US and internationally
- Recipient of the British Medical Association Illustrated Book Award and the Award of Excellence, Illustrated Book Award from the Association of Medical Illustrators
- One of seven finalists internationally for the Giliola Gamberini Award from the Association Européenne des Illustrateurs Médicaux et Scientifiques and the University of Bologna
- Illustrated three book covers and 25 magazine covers, including the Pathologic Basis of Veterinary Disease, Case Studies in Oncology, HER2 in Oncology, and Advances in Glioma Therapy
- Provided illustrations for 50 peer-reviewed journal articles including Science and Medicine, the Journal of Clinical Investigation, Biophotonics International, and the Journal of Pediatric Orthopedics
- Led initial accreditation process of graduate medical illustration program by the Association of Medical Illustrators
- Fellow of the Association of Medical Illustrators
In the News
August 3, 2020
RIT faculty gearing up to apply spring learnings to fall classes
The unexpected transition to remote learning during the spring semester challenged faculty across RIT to experiment, create, and deploy new methods of instruction to ensure student success. As the university gears up for in-person and online classes—or a combination of both—faculty members are applying a wide range of lessons learned from the spring to keep academic momentum moving forward in the fall.
May 26, 2020
RIT medical illustration graduate wins Fulbright teaching assistantship
Victoria Maung ’20 MFA (medical illustration) is capping her college career with a Fulbright grant that will give her an international experience and a connection to her Southeast Asian roots. With the help of RIT Global, Maung, won a Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship to teach high school in Malaysia.
May 8, 2020
RIT Honors Distinguished Faculty Awardees for 2020
RIT honored its 2020 class of Distinguished Faculty—Manuela Campanelli, Satish Kandlikar and James Perkins. The Distinguished Professor designation is given to tenured faculty who have shown continued excellence over their careers in teaching, scholarly contributions, lasting contributions in creative and professional work and service to both the university and community.